Ok, so I know this is kinda last minute, but from what I've been hearing from everyone all semester, I think a lot of you guys would like the author Tom Robbins. He's super hippie, political, and sometimes absolutely ridiculous but he's an absolutely wonderful writer with lots of interesting things to say and lots of weird stories. I read 3 of his books at the end of the summer. I'm newly obsessed. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues is a hilarious (and sort of existential) book (and movie) that I would reccomend to everyone who's not too shocked by some graphic language and strange metaphors. Half way through it, I thought it was ridiculous and almost stopped reading it, but by the time I got to the end I wanted to read all his novels. Here's a trailer for the movie to show you how wierd it is, but keep in mind he's got some really good messages in the book. But since I can't do the computer thing you just get the link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment